Dell BIOS Changes

To Whom it May Concern,

Have a Dell Inspiron 3668 desktop with the latest Dell firmware (1.12.2). This update, and numerous of the preceding ones, do not allow ANY type of loading of Debian (or any othe Linux flavor) onto the PC. In the BIOS configuration menu, no option is available to boot from the DVD drive, or USB, unless a Windows recovery media is detected. Linux loader programs likewise fail, and Windows loads instead. PC is about two years old.

Looked all across the 'Net and have found zero fixes outside of wiping the hard drive. The latest Dell support pages regarding the set up of the boot sequence does not cover the firmware installed on my PC.

I suspect Microsoft is back to trying to squelch the use of software other than what it approves of.

Thought you might wish to be aware.

Dave Leach