Re: Dell BIOS Changes

On 1/27/20 10:13 PM, J. D. Leach wrote:

> I suspect Microsoft is back to trying to squelch the use of software
> other than what it approves of.

"Sells" you mean...

I bought a Dell laptop a couple years ago, and it had a 'BIOS' like you
describe. But there was an option in the several pages of BIOS to use
'Legacy' mode. It wasn't like any legacy BIOS I'd ever seen, but I did
manage to get it to boot a civilized OS.

I just looked at servers on their website, and they have a feature they
call "Optional Operating System". That implies they are available
without Windows and will boot Debian. Servers, anyway.

--
Glenn English