Re: RCA Cable to USB Video input device

On 12/30/19 9:31 AM, Christian Seiler wrote:
Hi there,

Am 2019-12-14 07:45, schrieb Marc Shapiro:
I want to copy some videos from VCR and DVD to my computer for editing
(simple stuff, like removing commercials).  I found this device on
Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Converter-Capture-Support-Android/dp/B06X42H9VZ/ref=sr_1_3?m=A3ENZ260X3A00C&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&qid=1576302348&s=merchant-items&sr=1-3&th=1

It says in the title that it works on Linux, and at least one of the
reviews says it works on Debian.

From the listing you posted the device you have appears to have
a UTV007 chipset, and you can find some documentation on how to
make that work on Linux here:

https://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Easycap#Making_it_work_4

I found that site, too.  That is what gives me hope that the device will work.

Thanks.