Re: Jittery desktop mode.

* Peter Easthope <peter@easthope.ca> [20-01/19=Su 17:36 -0600]:
> [...] components in the desktop begin flashing [...]
> indicator in the center of the screen rapidly cycles
> [...] seems to be triggered by a mouse click [...].  At
> present I wouldn't know what to file a bug report against.

This seems more like an incipient hardware failure than a software
bug.  I've been living with a flaky Logitech optical mouse for years,
and when stuff like this starts happening, I can usually make it
stop by unplugging the mouse then plugging it back in.  Sometimes
it takes several tries, or various forms of percussive engineering.

You might find relevant error messages in </var/log/syslog>.

* [full quote:]