Re: Use system drive, in another system

Charles Curley wrote:

> As others have attested, it does work. However back it up first.
> Paranoids live longer.

backup is good idea, but not a precondition in this case.

it could be that OP needs to use rescue disc to recreate initrd if the
drivers needed are not loaded and the transition path is not mentioned.
Usually the default debian initrd adds most or all of the drivers to the
initrd, so this is unlikely to happen, but you never know.

I personally use a USB stick as rescue system on all PC/laptops I have and
it just works - even AMD/Intel.

regards