Problem with slow local network access

Just recently I've noticed a tremendous slow down in my normal work flow between two local hosts on my home wireless network. I use a Terminix app on an iPad to ssh into my laptop running Debian 10 Buster.

With Terminix I get to an external server running Debian 9 quickly, but access to the internal laptop is sloooow! I have been using the same /etc/hosts file for years to define the IP of local servers, and each server has its IP defined via its interface  files.

I just noticed in my laptops /etc/resolv.conf file the following entries:

# Generated by NetworkManager
nameserver 68.105.28.11
nameserver 68.105.29.11
nameserver 68.105.28.12
# NOTE: the libc resolver may not support more than 3 nameservers.
# The nameservers listed below may not be recognized.
nameserver 2001:578:3f::30
nameserver 2001:578:3f:1::30

Could that be part of the problem? I've never touched that file, nor have I touched it with the previous laptop it replaced.

A previous query to this list when I first noticed a slight slowdown some months ago elicited comments about rebooting the network modem but that doesn't seem to help.

Suggestions welcome!

Thanks.

-Tom