Re: Print Settings issue

Hey Doug McGarrett

You're using a different distro so I'm not sure if I can help you, but I would just like everyone to know that I think I've got it.  I am now able to print over wifi, and scan with both Xsane and Image Scan over wifi.

If you search for your printer here,
http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/search/01/search/
 in my experience, if it doesn't say that it requires lsb, then you can install it just fine.

If it says it requires lsb, then look at the Product Name, for example here:
http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02/DriverDownloadInfo.do?LG2=EN&CN2=&DSCMI=18787&DSCCHK=cd4ad419e3805cfac26d6492d12e38fc7da11822

you can see that the driver is shared among several printer models.  Go to Print Settings, add printer and if you're printer model is not listed there, choose a model that uses the same driver as YOUR printer, and install it.

Same technique for the scanner driver.
Thanks!

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 2:03 PM Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> wrote:

On 1/9/20 12:49 AM, kaye n wrote:
> Hello Friends,
>
> I've given up on using imagescan. I was able to install it, but it just
> could not detect the wifi printer, so I uninstalled it.
>
> The built-in Xsane scanner seemed to work at first, but now when I open
> it, I get:
>
> Error during CMS conversion:
> Could not open scanner ICM profile.

I'm running a different distro--OpenSUSE Tumbleweed--and I am having a
lot or trouble tying to get to an Epson all-use printer, scanner, fax.
I had used XSane Scanner on a different Linux which has been severely
ruined (PCLOS) and it worked fine but I could never get it to scan with
TW, and now I can't seem to get it to print either. Why is printing and
scanning so difficult? VueScan doesn't find the scanner either.

--doug