Re: Print Settings issue

Hello Friends,

I've given up on using imagescan. I was able to install it, but it just could not detect the wifi printer, so I uninstalled it.

The built-in Xsane scanner seemed to work at first, but now when I open it, I get:

Error during CMS conversion:
Could not open scanner ICM profile.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 3:33 AM kaye n <guikaye@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 3:20 AM Greg Wooledge <wooledg@eeg.ccf.org> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 09, 2020 at 03:17:35AM +0800, kaye n wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 6:06 PM Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
>
> > On 2020-01-07, Greg Wooledge <wooledg@eeg.ccf.org> wrote:
> >
> > My idea of an equivs LSB package is also rather deficient, as the
> > required libraries would still be missing (lsb.so...) which would
> > doubtless be a showstopper.
> >
> > I've read that the Epson L375 driver contained in the
> > 'printer-driver-escpr' package (available in the Debian repositories)
> > works with the OP's L355.
> >

> Hello friends, Curt mentioned Epson L375.  But it also requires LSB package
> 3.2 or later, as indicated here:

Did you actually UNDERSTAND what Curt wrote?

printer-driver-escpr is in buster.  Just apt-get install printer-driver-escpr
and see what happens.

Apparently I didn't, sorry about that. So I just installed printer-driver-escpr, opened Print Settings, installed the driver for Epson L375 (even if the printer is actually L355), and now it seems I can print (over wifi, it's a wifi printer) even with the absence of the epkowa file (I've always used epkowa with other Linux distros)

Have to sleep now.  I'll try scanning (over wifi) in a few hours. I will try to install and use iscan (image scan) like I've always done in other Linux distros.

Will keep you posted. Thanks!