Re: just a general question really

On 5/01/20 12:23 am, Alexander V. Makartsev wrote:
> Now its all slim and compatible SATA\SAS cables with safe connectors, so
> you don't have to worry about bending or breaking pins on the
> motherboard or external storage adapter.

Still need to be careful. I was transferring data to a new drive, so had
the case open, drives sitting on top etc. I bumped the SATA cable (ok,
quite hard), and broke the connector off a brand new drive. Wouldn't
have happened with an IDE connector.

In general, though, I agree; the SATA connectors and cables are much
nicer to work with.

Richard