Re: just a general question really

On 04.01.2020 05:06, mick crane wrote:
are things getting more complicated because there is something wrong ?

Many things are getting simpler from my perspective. Not so long ago I had to fiddle with many jumpers before I insert a CPU into motherboard, to select right voltage, clock speed, multiplier and similar procedure had to be done with RAM also. Nowadays it is all automated, just plug in CPU and you're all set, no jumpers, no DIP switches, easy.
I've seen meters of SCSI and IDE cables that were making a puzzle for engineers to connect them all and make them so they won't interfere with cooling by restricting the airflow inside computer case. Now its all slim and compatible SATA\SAS cables with safe connectors, so you don't have to worry about bending or breaking pins on the motherboard or external storage adapter.
I've seen gigantic ISA-VLB slots die and a new, compact AGP slots born. They were made with a flaw, so you had to think about graphic card design before you place it into one, otherwise card would be electrically damaged. Nowadays we have PCI-Express slots designed to be compatible with all PCI-Express devices, be it small x1 network controller or full x16 graphics card.

I could go on and on, but there is at least one thing that bothers me. It's the WebDev and all those _javascript_\Ruby\Python frameworks and their package managers, that are changing and switch every hot damn month! Nobody can't agree on any standard about them. They are the pure evil, I tell you!

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org