Re: MUA CLI IMAP and SMTP without ncurses interface

Hi John,

Quoting john doe (2020-01-07 09:07:06)
> On 1/6/2020 4:26 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > Quoting john doe (2020-01-06 15:55:12)
> >> - Why would one need dovecot-imap if you can use
> >> interimap/oflineimap
> >
> > interimap syncronizes between imap accounts - it does not store on
> > its own.  That's different from offlineimap and similar which
> > syncronizes between imap and a local Maildir storage.
> >

> What about dovecot-imap, when/where should I use it (with interimap)?

General understanding of interimap is much better explained by Guilhem,
the author of interimap (and also a Debian developer and personal friend
of mine): https://guilhem.org/interimap/

Hint: Above URL is Homepage field in the output of apt info interimap,
in case you need to locate it again.

Tell me if you still want more details about my personal setup - I don't
mind doing that, but as it is more complex (I track multiple accounts
including my own mail service hosted at my DSL connection at home) that
might confuse more than it helps.

 - Jonas