Re: uefi boot install and disk partitions

Le 05/01/2020 à 11:00, tomas@tuxteam.de a écrit :
On Sun, Jan 05, 2020 at 10:47:52AM +0100, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
Le 04/01/2020 à 20:47, Sven Joachim a écrit :

[FAT, hard links]

a feature that is crucial for dpkg.

I vaguely remember this, but not when and why dpkg needs to create
additional hard links. Can you refresh my memories ?

   https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/208073/dpkg-replacing-files-on-a-fat-filesystem

Thanks. I would be very careful when using a hard link to back up a file before replacing it, because it depends on the method used to replace the original file with the new file. For example plain 'cp' or shell redirection does not break the link and overwrites the contents of the original file (and of the hard link), whereas 'cp -d' breaks the link and creates a new file.

I'd be more worried about whatever packagers do in their post-install
scripts. After all, hard links are pretty handy when trying to do
atomic operations on file systems.

What kind of atomic operations ?