Re: uefi boot install and disk partitions

On Sun, Jan 05, 2020 at 10:47:52AM +0100, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
> Le 04/01/2020 à 20:47, Sven Joachim a écrit :

[FAT, hard links]

> >a feature that is crucial for dpkg.
>
> I vaguely remember this, but not when and why dpkg needs to create
> additional hard links. Can you refresh my memories ?

My search engine is lucky today (no, Goog, no cookies for you today ;-)

  https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/208073/dpkg-replacing-files-on-a-fat-filesystem

I'd be more worried about whatever packagers do in their post-install
scripts. After all, hard links are pretty handy when trying to do
atomic operations on file systems. If there's no policy explicitly
banning hard links, I'd expect them to be used...

Cheers
-- tomás