Re: Any Bluetooth 5 adapter Debian compatible

Quoting deloptes (2020-01-05 12:24:55)
> André Rodier wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am looking for a USB / Bluetooth 5 adapter, natively compatible with
> > Debian.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > André
>
> most of them are
>
> I use ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
>
> Double check if adapter (newer once) are LE - there were issues with them.
>
> I would just pick up one and see if the chipset is supported in linux and
> what is the experience with that chip.

I suspect you are talking about slightly different things.

Few bluetooth adapters work with Debian alone.

Most bluetooth adapters work when adding nonfree blobs to the mix.

(so seems one of you talk about Debian-the-project, and the other talks
about Debian-the-main-product-by-Debian-the-project).

Sorry, I don't have a list of Bluetooth dongles not needing non-free
runtime-loaded firmware.

 - Jonas