No sound with Pulseaudio

Hello everybody out there!

	I have just installed Debian 10 with XFCE on an old laptop. It works
quite well, but for the sound: I can not get any sound and in
Pavucontrol I can only see a virtual sound output.

	However, the system seems to successfully detect the hardware:

$ lspci | grep -i audio
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor
x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series High Definition Audio Controller (rev 21)

$ cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [PCH            ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
                      HDA Intel PCH at 0x91410000 irq 122

$ cat /proc/asound/pcm
00-00: ALC255 Analog : ALC255 Analog : playback 1 : capture 1
00-03: HDMI 0 : HDMI 0 : playback 1

	In Alsamixer, I have set everything to its maximum. Still, I cannot get
any sound and all that is available in Pavucontrol is a virtual output.
My guess is there is something wrong in PulseAudio configuration, but I
have not found anything helpful on the Internet and I do not have any
clue on what I can do.

	Does anyone have an idea to solve this problem?

	Best regards.

--
Yoann LE BARS
http://le-bars.net/yoann/