Re: No sound with Pulseaudio

Hello

[...] I can not get any sound and in

Pavucontrol I can only see a virtual sound output.
	Does anyone have an idea to solve this problem?

I had the same experience for (almost) every new or old installation that I made. Fresh install of testing or stable, never mind: each time, Sound didn't work from scratch with Pulseaudio. I deinstalled it, and
voila, everything worked fine.

There is only one exception and that's my home theatre/gaming PC. I don't remember the details now, but to get kodi run along with steam nicely, I hat to get Pulseaudio to work. And in /this/ case, the PA tools were a blessing because I could very easily switch between a 7.2 and a
5.1 setup. That was necessary, because one game crashed with 7.2 🤦

So whenever I do a fresh installation now, I check if Pulseaudio works
and if not I immediately uninstall it. It's usually not worth the
hassle.

cu
--
Markus Grunwald