Re: Using ISO images as a repository

On Fri 03 Jan 2020 at 23:16:29 +0000, Brian wrote:

> On Fri 03 Jan 2020 at 14:36:38 -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:

> > > Into every life a little rain must fall.
> > >
> > > Splendid; all you have to do is extract the files you want from the
> > > ISOs.
> >
> > Not an acceptable solution.
>
> Fine, don't use the technique.  It is a solution that is well-tested,
> employed by many users, works reliably and is capable of constructing
> a single repository.

And one you could benefit from. Not choosing it leaves you with one
other option or going round in circles.

> > Debian can deal simply with repositories  on multiple sites.
> > Why not deal similarly with repositories on multiple files?
>
> Each repository that apt deals with on a site is a unified, coherent,
> organised, single repository. When you find a way of dealing with the
> discrete repository on each ISO, please let us know.

Have you got the idea now? You can either deal with each ISO repository
one by one or you can construct a single archive as detailed at

  https://wiki.debian.org/Installation+Archive+USBStick

--
Brian.