Re: Using ISO images as a repository

On Fri 03 Jan 2020 at 10:30:24 -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:

> I have a large hard disk but a low data cap on my internet connection.

Into every life a little rain must fall.

> I have all the distribution DVDs stored as *.ISO files in a single directory
> on my hard disk.

Splendid; all you have to do is extract the files you want from the
ISOs. There is an excellent wiki page detailing a number of techniques
at

  https://wiki.debian.org/ManipulatingISOs

> It would *SEEM* to be logical to use the "file option" of sources.list .
> HOWEVER, all I've ever seen is the kludge of individually loop mounting all
> the ISO files.

If the logical method doesn't work for you, it is likely that the logic
is flawed. There is a superb wiki page at

  https://wiki.debian.org/Installation+Archive+USBStick

That should make your New Year happier.

--
Brian.