Re: Using ISO images as a repository

On 01/03/2020 12:38 PM, Brian wrote:
On Fri 03 Jan 2020 at 10:30:24 -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:

I have a large hard disk but a low data cap on my internet connection.

Into every life a little rain must fall.
I have all the distribution DVDs stored as *.ISO files in a single directory on my hard disk.

Splendid; all you have to do is extract the files you want from the
ISOs.

Not an acceptable solution.
Debian can deal simply with repositories  on multiple sites.
Why not deal similarly with repositories on multiple files?

There is an excellent wiki page detailing a number of techniques
at

   https://wiki.debian.org/ManipulatingISOs

Section 4: Loopmount an ISO Without Administrative Privileges
gives intriguing hints with a *VAST* lack of details.
[will search man pages]

It would *SEEM* to be logical to use the "file option" of sources.list .
HOWEVER, all I've ever seen is the kludge of individually loop mounting all
the ISO files.

If the logical method doesn't work for you, it is likely that the logic
is flawed. There is a superb wiki page at

   https://wiki.debian.org/Installation+Archive+USBStick

That references a *VERY* different problem set.

That should make your New Year happier.

rofl