Re: Choice of VMs under i386 Stretch?

Richard Owlett wrote:
> *CAVEAT LECTOR*
> If I can't win,
>    may I aspire to "break even"?
> Recently I was chastised for expecting people to *read*.
> if no hmr, *DENT* rd frthr ;/
> caveat finis ;/

> > > Are you asking what virtual machine hosts are available on Debian?
>
> *explicitly*
>
> > > Because Debian can easily run as a virtual machine guest.
>
> If not host
>   why ask?  !!!!

While debian-user is conducted in English, it is not the first
language of all participants. When a question is asked in an
ambiguous fashion, it's good to ask clarifying questions to make
sure that you understand what is being asked.

And there are some participants who appear to natively read and
write a language which is nearly English, but deliberately or
unconsciously constructed to be as ambiguous and frustrating as
possible.

> My *explicit* question is:
> What 32 bit VMs which DO NOT depend on non-FOSS components are available for
> 32-bit Debian?

An uncountable but finite number, bounded in a nutshell called the Internet.

As official Debian images: the only official Debian VM images I
am aware of are produced under the Debian Live moniker. However,
the tools to create VM images are available, and many, many
people have taken advantage of them.

-dsr-