Re: What is agetty, and why can't it be stopped?

On Sat 08 Jun 2019 at 11:21:50 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Saturday 08 June 2019 04:55:45 am tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jun 07, 2019 at 09:44:23PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > But first you need to know the name of the man page. You can't read
> > > it if you don't know its true name...
> >
> > Not a user of systemd here, but... have you ever tried "man -k
> > systemd"?
> >
> No, didn't know it existed Tomas, but howinhell is all that supposed to
> help?  Must be 3 or 4 screens full.  What we'd need to do is to feed all
> that to grep to see if the problem child device is mentioned.

No you don't. That is only a way a way of saying you don't have a
glimmer of what you are searching for and cannot be bothered to sort it
out. You do, however, have a plethora of bogus reasons to avoid looking
sensibly at where the suggested help given leads you.

--
What a way to run a radio station.
  With apologies to Anonymous.