Re: Problem with Mate in Buster on T480s

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 4:46 PM John Hasler <jhasler@newsguy.com> wrote:
Since their ads never result in me buying anything (actually I rarely
even see them), I'm costing them money by using their search engine.

Well not really costing them anything. Their costs are amortized over so many other
transactions, and their profit margins built-in.
And don't forget to take depreciation into account :-)
At compound depreciation interest, they wrote off the cost of each server against their corporate
income taxes in about 5 years.

--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com