Re: Problem with Mate in Buster on T480s

tomas writes:
> I don't even want to feed them the info that I'm looking
> for something.

Since I'm anonymous[1] to them the only use they can make of that
information is to note that someone has shown interest in the item and
perhaps rank it higher when someone else looks for it.  Why should I
object to that?

> They are far too powerful for my taste, dominating the ad industry,
> the search engine, the client and the mobile.

Since their ads never result in me buying anything (actually I rarely
even see them), I'm costing them money by using their search engine.

[1] Yes, they could track my (dynamic) ip and/or "fingerprint" my
system.  They won't.  I'm not worth it to them.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com