Re: Problem with Mate in Buster on T480s

On Thu, Jun 06, 2019 at 03:51:20PM -0500, John Hasler wrote:

[...]

> I've tried the Duck.  Great idea, but it's inadequate.

For you, perhaps. For me, it works wonderfully: I had to
adapt my queries a bit, but knowing that DDG hasn't the
"context knowledge" I learnt how to.

> Just block Google's cookies and scripts and it works fine [...]

I don't even want to feed them the info that I'm looking
for something. They are far too powerful for my taste,
dominating the ad industry, the search engine, the client
and the mobile.

Cheers
-- t