Re: lightweight wifi UI (Was: Insidious systemd)

Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 03, 2019 at 09:11:37AM -0400, Dan Ritter wrote:
> > Greg Wooledge wrote:
> > > Almost nobody cares about init systems.
> > >
> > > Yes, you and your 3 friends care DEEPLY and PASSIONATELY about this.  I
> > > get that.  But there's only 4 of you, not 4000.
> >
> > Greg --
> >
> > is that the sort of argument you feel proud to be making?
>
> Yes.  I do not believe Debian should bend over backward, spending many
> hours of development time, to appease a handful of zealots who can
> achieve their personal goals with three minutes of work.
>
> If someone strongly disagrees with this, they can create their own
> personalized installer, or they can switch to Devuan.
>
> Now, open your eyes.  The real goal of these zealots is not to save
> three minutes of work when they install.  It is to shove their political
> agenda into the spotlight.

Thanks for announcing that people who care what init system they
are running are zealots. I had thought that I was a professional
with a valid technical point of view, but my eyes are now open.
I realize that no objection I can possibly make is worthwhile.

Perhaps I too will start making arguments that people should stop
complaining about things because they are not in the majority.

Presumably I was also wrong about politics being the alternative
to war. That can only happen when people respect each other.

-dsr-