Re: lightweight wifi UI (Was: Insidious systemd)

On Sun, Jun 02, 2019 at 10:23:25PM -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> The install includes lots of choices like print server, server or
> desktop system, GUI, laptop utilities, etc. that are "bloat-worthy" and
> can be installed after the main install has completed.  I know.  I used
> to do it back in the day. I still do to a certain extent even today.
> But now those choices are an integral part of the install.  So, why not
> init?

Because a non-negligible number of people care about Desktop Environments,
and Print Servers, and SSH Servers.

Almost nobody cares about init systems.

Yes, you and your 3 friends care DEEPLY and PASSIONATELY about this.  I
get that.  But there's only 4 of you, not 4000.