how to have a common prompt in bash and guake so I can view date and time as part of prompt ?

Dear all,

Can somebody share how can I have a common prompt which is ok both by
bash and guake ?

bash is -

$ bash -version
GNU bash, version 5.0.11(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)

This is free software; you are free to change and redistribute it.

$ guake --version
Guake Terminal: 3.6.3
VTE: 0.58.2
VTE runtime: 0.58.2
Gtk: 3.24.13

my current prompt looks like -

shirish@debian:~$

which is not bad but I would like it to be something like this -

shirish@debian 14 Dec 2019 00:43:04 :~$

so at any point in time I know at a glance the date and time.

If I'm not mistaken it is this bit -

if [ "$color_prompt" = yes ]; then
    PS1='${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}\[\033[01;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[00m\]:\[\033[01;34m\]\w\[\033[00m\$
'
else
    PS1='${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}\u@\h:\w\d\$'
fi

This is from .bashrc .

I have seen date --help and probably %b, %d, %H and %M would be
involved but how to make it so it looks the same in terminal emulation
as well as in guake.

Looking forward to answer/answers.

I have also put it up as
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/557054/how-to-have-common-prompt-with-date-and-time-in-bash-as-well-as-guake

so feel free to reply here or there. If you do reply on the list
please CC me the same.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल

E493 D466 6D67 59F5 1FD0 930F 870E 9A5B 5869 609C