Re: Is this ALL good advise

On 9/12/19 6:57 pm, Reco wrote:
ll it takes is to look at APNIC record with whois.
Shows your ISP and a city it's operating at.
I could dig deeper, but I'm lazy.
Thanks Andrei

I got 3 addresses
2 of them about 3Km away from me (1 in a public park)
the 3rd, about 4,500Km away from me, but referring specifically to my ISP, must be head office.

and 3 references to my ISP
2 by a very old name
1 current name (for about 5 years), but referring to that address 4,500Km away

Somewhere I found this curl method.

curl http://api.db-ip.com/v2/free/2402:b801:2859::
{
    "ipAddress": "2402:b801:2859::",
    "continentCode": "OC",
    "continentName": "Oceania",
    "countryCode": "AU",
    "countryName": "Australia",
    "stateProvCode": "VIC",
    "stateProv": "Victoria",
    "city": "Melbourne"

Only problem is there is no such continent. How can I believe in its accuracy?

Thanks again. I'll mail the results of using the other SMTPs
--
Keith Bainbridge

keith.bainbridge.3216@gmail.com
+61 (0)447 667 468