Re: Is this ALL good advise

	Hi.

On Mon, Dec 09, 2019 at 05:44:37PM +1100, Keith Bainbridge wrote:
> On 7/12/19 10:55 am, Keith Bainbridge wrote:
> > Have had a couple of questions that have gotten me thinking deeply, primarily about whose/what safety I am really trying to protect. My best answer is
> > personal, physical safety of my family.
>
> Good afternoon all
>
> I have pondered over all you pros and cons of encryption, and figured it isn't worth much if there is enough info in the headers to locate me 'on the ground'.

SMTP is hard at this regard. Possible, but hard.

> So here goes.
>
> Who would like to help by sending me an Open Street map position of where this email is suggesting I am.
>
> Please reply to keithrbau@iinet.net.au - my ISP   (and that's giving you a clue)

Gmail gave you away already.

        by smtp.gmail.com with ESMTPSA id r14sm25683302pfh.10.2019.12.08.22.44.39
        (version=TLS1_3 cipher=TLS_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 bits=128/128);
        Sun, 08 Dec 2019 22:44:41 -0800 (PST)

All it takes is to look at APNIC record with whois.
Shows your ISP and a city it's operating at.
I could dig deeper, but I'm lazy.

> If you are willing to assist further I'll try sending mail via my (android) phone hotspot wifi, using different smtp servers, like my ISP's smtp and ?? proton
> and tormail smtp. This could all be done off list.

Last two could be interesting. I mean a real-life evaluation of the
privacy of Proton and Tormail.

Reco