Re: Is this ALL good advise

On Tue, 3 Dec 2019 20:03:42 +0200
Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Andrei,

>In my opinion "never" is too strong here, especially with free services

I take your point......

.......however......
(you just *knew* that was coming, didn't you?   :-D)

.....not everyone uses serves such as ProtonMail.  Even those that do
don't always take up all the options available.

Until, and unless, existing providers start doing encryption without
*any* user intervention (almost certainly not going to happen) I
strongly believe 'never' is the most appropriate word.  And as has been
mentioned, people continue to use the google/yahoo/whoever surveillance
webmail systems.  And let's face it, they're not going to offer
encryption that does not, at the very least, have a backdoor in it.

For full disclosure, I should probably mention that I'm a very cynical
person.   :-|

--
 Regards  _
It's a very small world in the middle of a crowd