Re: alternatives to gmail?

Mark,
neither of the methods you outline are what I choose.
first, let me use dreamhost as an example.
Asking the company in no way shape or form insures I will learn how a company programs fully, because many technicians and customer service people work from a script leaving them less than qualified to answer.

Then, I may miss companies that actually would have worked by asking. after all, in some ways the purpose of progressive site development is to insure many doors are open to content, without having to think about the many doors that may be used. I am not interested in more research then absolutely needful to secure a swift solution. what is more? via my method of visiting a site directly I can discover possibilities of places that have kept the simple interface open, without even thinking about people using low graphics environments for more than just getting access to their mail while involving as little heavy graphics as possible. My method works for me, it need not, nor do I ask, that it work for another, which is where we clearly differ.