Re: Orphaned Inode Problem

	Hi.

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 02:31:59PM -0500, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 02:06:48PM -0500, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
> > > he problem is that the program hangs and the system will not
> > > recognized the keyboard, although, according to gKrellM the system is
> > > still operating. The only solution seems to be to reboot the system.
> > The contents of /var/log/messages at the time of the hang will
> > definitely help to pinpoint the issue.
> >
> > And maybe the xorg.log, but it's non-trivial to extract something useful
> > from it - you have to wait for the hang, reboot, and locate
> > Xorg.0.log.old file.
>
> I've attached the dmesg file.  The platfrom was locked up and i had to reboot the system to get the file.

I wrote "/var/log/messages", not "dmesg" for a reason.
And that reason is - dmesg shows current kernel messages (i.e. - after
the reboot), and they are useless for determining the cause of the hang.

/var/log/messages can be large, but I do not ask all of it. A part
that precedes the hang is all that needed.

For the archives, the last line in dmesg output is:

> [   23.210107] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): docker0: link is not ready

And the dmesg itself shows more-or-less normal boot process and uptime
of 23 seconds.

Reco