Re: alternatives to gmail?

On 19/11/2019 18:19, Karen Lewellen wrote:
And as I have said, more than once, is that I am not going to have a say in, or   a reasonable way to, screen what services provide in terms of the webmail software they incorporate.

Yes, I have seen you say this several times now. There are two responses.

(a) You don't need to have a say in what companies provide. I've not suggested anything that would even remotely require this.

(b) Surely you most certainly *do* have a way to "screen what services provide in terms of the webmail software they incorporate"! This is basic research. There are two obvious ways to do this: (1) Just ask the company. (2) Try out a demo or trial account, if the company offers one.

If you ask a company what webmail software they offer and they say that it is, for example, Horde Imp and you know that Horde Imp works well for you then all is good. Do you see now why knowing which webmail software works well for you could be helpful in the search for a company to provide the service? It would help you screen the offerings from various companies. (You don't need to get them to change anything; it just helps you with screening them quickly).

Or if you try a demo/trial account then that too will quickly enough tell you if what they offer works for you.

Either or both approaches are fine. The more knowledge you have, generally speaking, the better.

making a list of such software options not productive for my stated needs.

I can clearly see that it's not the way you want to do it. As I said, you have a very fixed idea not only your goal but of how you want to achieve your goal. All the same, I absolutely promise you that knowledge like this (i.e. what software works for you) would very much help you in finding a finally working solution.

--
Mark Rousell