Re: alternatives to gmail?

Hi,

On Tue, 19 Nov 2019, fsdu39d wrote:

Problem with GMail is that it's constantly reading content of your emails and works closely with government agencies to hand over and store your private email to them.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-23123964

yet another reason to find another email provider, not to be confused with a webmail program requiring an email server I do not have for a computer i do not own running a Linux distribution I cannot access.

On 2019-11-19 1:12 a.m., Andrea Borgia wrote:

Especially considering that gmail offers IMAP access and Pine, for example, works nicely with it :)
Nicely, although the setup is a bit cumbersome.

Il giorno mar 19 nov 2019 alle ore 10:06 <didier.gaumet@gmail.com> ha scritto:

Hello Karen

A quick web search for "gmail alternatives" gives plenty of answers, for example:
 https://lifehacker.com/ditch-gmail-with-these-alternatives-1829337583

It is possible, though, that you encounter the same problems (javascript support in text-mode browsers) as with gmail.

If it is the case, as others have suggested, it could be of interest to you to take a look at text mail clients, like mutt ou sup.

Didier.