Re: Bootable USB Buster System

On 10/29/19 1:56 AM, Joe wrote:
On Tue, 29 Oct 2019 01:21:52 -0700
Jimmy Johnson <field.engineer@gmail.com> wrote:

On 10/27/19 10:38 AM, Peter Ehlert wrote:

On 10/26/19 5:41 PM, songbird wrote:
Peter Ehlert wrote:
I have tried it, several times, but was unable to get Grub
properly installed... not able to boot.
I too would like such a tool
    hmm, i have a booting USB stick of stable (before recent
release so i'm actually one stable back now :) ).  no issues
at all booting from it and i don't recall installing GRUB
to it.

    i use UEFI booting most of the time via refind so i don't
bios boot often, but it does work.

I don't use UEFI, perhaps that is the difference.

Keep doing a legacy install it's the best bet, most all computers
will do a legacy boot from the bios boot menu, even the new computers
built for windows 10.

Not mine, Acer netbook about a year old.

My acer aspire one is not having a problem and another acer with 17 inch screen, hdmi and ddr3 is not having a problem, I can't get at the model right now. You may have to fiddle with your bios, on a samsung I have to go to bios at boot, to boot device where I find what I want is at the top of the list and hit f10 and it then boots what I want.

Good luck.