Re: Bootable USB Buster System

On 10/27/19 10:38 AM, Peter Ehlert wrote:

On 10/26/19 5:41 PM, songbird wrote:
Peter Ehlert wrote:
I have tried it, several times, but was unable to get Grub properly
installed... not able to boot.
I too would like such a tool
   hmm, i have a booting USB stick of stable (before recent
release so i'm actually one stable back now :) ).  no issues
at all booting from it and i don't recall installing GRUB
to it.

   i use UEFI booting most of the time via refind so i don't
bios boot often, but it does work.

I don't use UEFI, perhaps that is the difference.

Keep doing a legacy install it's the best bet, most all computers will do a legacy boot from the bios boot menu, even the new computers built for windows 10.

I've done this with many systems, having firmware and drivers installed is the only consideration I can think of and installing a usb wireless can help if needed when you get stuck. I have one that looks like a pin drive called 'proster' and seems to work on all kinds of computer systems.

Good luck.