Re: What has fowled sshfs in buster

On Mon 28 Oct 2019 at 13:43:31 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Monday 28 October 2019 13:04:07 Greg Wooledge wrote:
>
> > Don't just randomly throw 1777 or 777 or 666 permissions on
> > everything.
>
> See the question above. I will restrict it, until it gets in my way the
> first time.

Supporting a user with their issue depends on the user having a Debian
system that is similar to what a normal user has. Users who go rogue
should not expect to be cossetted.

They have little understanding of systems (it's *my* machine, I am the
only user, I will do what I want with it). So they are by themselves and
should not ask for or expect support, especially when it is evident that
sound advice will be ignored in the cause of getting one's own way.

--
Brian.