Re: Latest KDE packages update removed KDE

An Liu wrote:

> > Reason this option is not enabled by default is, as I understand it,
> > that a) downgrades are officially unsupported (in reality they commonly
> > work,
>

> Glad to hear this. Now i had a answer to this question:  does debian
> package management system have
> a downgrade mechanism similar to 'yum'.
>
> we hardly need it, but if it is the time you need it, it could save you
> from chaos. :)

Figure out the package versions you want, and tell apt to
install them directly; to install foobar version 3.2.1-1+deb9u1:

apt install foobar=3.2.1-1+deb9u1

You can specify multiple packages this way, and remove packages
by appending a - to the end of their name instead of a version.

-dsr-