Re: 'apt update' failure, me or repository?

On 2019-10-17, <tomas@tuxteam.de> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

>> > This is Debian bug #942478:

>> This is you and your bug.
>
> IMO this sounds a bit too harsh. The OP seems to be seeing this
> behaviour -- perhaps it's not an apt (or a Debian mirror) problem,
> but it'd be nice to know...

I didn't mean it to be harsh, sorry. I only meant that that bug is the
OP's bug report concerning the very bug in this thread and not
some reference to a known, preexisting problem for which there was
already a bug report filed. IOW the OP pointing to his own bug report is
kind of self-referential. But maybe all he intended to say by "This is
Debian bug #942478" was: I've filed a bug report on this problem (for
which we can only thank him).

Still, I don't get why a Debian apt repository would require some recent
browser user agent string to permit ingress; something seems to be
missing from this picture.

--
"There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign."
-- Robert Louis Stevenson