Re: 'apt update' failure, me or repository?

On 2019-10-17 09:54, Curt wrote:
On 2019-10-16, Art Sackett <asackett@artsackett.com> wrote:
For any who've found this thread by searching for the problem they're
having, the workaround is to create the file
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99useragent and populate it with:

Acquire
{
http::User-Agent "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0";
};

By what mental procedure did you arrive at that workaround? It
doesn't seem to /coule de source/, at least for me.

Is possible that external network issue was a problem that time not user action resolved the thing to do would be to remove 99useragent and see if original issue returns.

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31