Re: .uvc WebCam Data

Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> writes:
> UVC means USB Video Class. The Video For Linux 2 driver system
> should recognize it as a V4L2 device.
>
> fswebcam is a package that captures images from V4L2 devices.
> It's command-line driven and has a few useful features like
> resizing, averaging multiple frames, and skipping early frames
> for devices that take a while to focus. It writes JPEG or PNG.
>
> Remember to make yourself part of the video group.
>
> -dsr-

	Thank you very much.  I started using unix-like OS's 30
years ago in June but the digital video field is new to me so I
still have a lot of learning to do.

	As an electronics and amateur radio enthusiast, I am
astounded at how fast that A/D converter has to work along with
the Nyquist filtering to properly digitize the video.

	With North American NTSC color video, the dot clock rate
is 3.7945 million plus a few more decimal places per second and
PAL along with SECAM are just above 4 MHZ.  The A/D converter has
to sample at twice that rate to keep Mr. Nyquist from haunting
anybody from his grave.

Martin McCormick