Re: .uvc WebCam Data

Martin McCormick wrote:
> 	The video capture device is an Epifan AVIO-HD video
> digitizer and one of it's modes is VGA conversion with all video
> sent in the  .uvc or webcam  format.
>
> 	The part I don't know yet is what needs to happen to
> convert .uvc in to something that looks like it came from a
> digital TV camera or flat-bed scanner?

UVC means USB Video Class. The Video For Linux 2 driver system
should recognize it as a V4L2 device.

fswebcam is a package that captures images from V4L2 devices.
It's command-line driven and has a few useful features like
resizing, averaging multiple frames, and skipping early frames
for devices that take a while to focus. It writes JPEG or PNG.

Remember to make yourself part of the video group.

-dsr-