Re: Threading; was Re: HTTP shimmed to HTTPS

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 05:22:44PM +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jul 2019 12:16:31 -0400
> Greg Wooledge <wooledg@eeg.ccf.org> wrote:
>
> Hello Greg,
>
> >You need to add "In-Reply-To:" as well.  And stop doing whatever it is
> >you're doing that puts NUL bytes in your "*     From:" lines.  Or simply
> >drop those lines altogethe
>
> I /think/ they're tab characters.  At least, that seems to be the case
> from a quick glance at the message source:  A 5 character (or so) space
> was 'jumped' when my cursor encountered those chars.

We may be seeing different symptoms as a result of *whatever* Peter is
doing, depending on how each individual mail transport agent and each
mail user agent deals with the incoming mess.

The file I had in my ~/Maildir/new/ directory definitely had NUL bytes
in it (it's gone now -- I don't save these mails).  I suppose it's
conceivable that someone else's MTA may translate the NULs to TABs, or
that someone's MUA may display the NULs as TABs.  Or that *my* MTA is
translating something else into NUL bytes.

Who knows?  All I can say for sure is: Peter, whatever you're doing,
please fix it.