Re: sending mail via a script

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 06:21:28AM -0400, Dan Ritter wrote:
> Reco wrote:
> > 	Hi.
> >
> > On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 02:05:04PM -0400, Dan Ritter wrote:
> > >
> > > That's not a problem sending mail via a script; that's a problem with
> > > Google's view of the reputation of the mail server that you are using.
> > > (Which may be the machine that you are typing on, or might not.)
> > >
> > > In other words: you successfully sent mail, but Google rejected
> > > it because they think you are a spammer.
> >
> > No. Google rejected it because of the reason stated above.
> > I.e. MTA's IP does not have a valid PTR record. Not required by RFC per
> > se, but is considered mandatory by some (included Google).
>
> Why do you think they have that requirement?

An error message included a link to support.google.com. Along with the other
things it says:

The sending IP must have a PTR record (i.e. a reverse DNS of the sending IP)
and match the IP obtained via the forward DNS resolution of the hostname
specified in the PTR record.

OP's MTA does not have IPv6 PTR at all.

> > > Another is to build the reputation of the server you are using,
> >
> > Won't do any good. Another option is to get that PTR record for
> > starters.
>
> That would be part of building the reputation.

I must've misinterpreted your phrase then.

Reco