Re: How Buster release may affect Unstable?

On Fri, Jul 05, 2019 at 10:35:05AM -0300, Francisco M Neto wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-07-02 at 12:23 -0400, Default User wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 2, 2019, 05:38 Dave Sherohman <dave@sherohman.org> wrote:
> > > I think the core misunderstanding here is that you seem to be assuming
> > > that, when a new stable comes out, a new unstable is created to go with
> > > it.
>
> 	Well... maybe? I mean, certain developers or maintainers may be aware of
> the release cycle and delay their uploads into unstable until after the new
> stable is released. In that case, Sid should experience an unusually high number
> of updates over the next few weeks.

Yes, true, there will be (are?) a lot of new uploads to unstable in the
wake of the new stable release, but my impression was that the OP might
have been thinking that stretch-unstable is going to be discontinued and
replaced with a brand new buster-unstable (based on the stable buster
release), which isn't the case.  sid remains sid forever and will never
be replaced with a different unstable.

--
Dave Sherohman