Re: Assorted arm-buster problems - network configuration

On Fri 05 Jul 2019 at 21:35:25 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Friday 05 July 2019 15:23:38 Brian wrote:
>
> > I was rather hoping someone would clarify why not having avahi-daemon
> > in the first place was a good thing in general. Your problem doesn't
> > particularly interest me because it is probably something you have
> > brought on yourself due to previous actions.
> >
> > > Here is your Clarification: I used apt to purge avahi-daemon which
> > > took nsswitch with it,
> >
> > I stopped reading there. I am not into fantasy.
>
> Which proves another theorem of mine. Folks with a sheepskin on the
> office wall stop learning, and by your stopping without reading the
> explanation is evidence of that effect. I can lead you to the facts, but

Your first "fact" is demonstrably incorrect and has been shown to be so.
Indeed, you seem to have backed away from your claim that avahi-daemon
is the cause of your difficulties. The only place you lead people is up
the misleading garden path. A clear statement of what you did and what
happened is more likely to bring results; making attacking software a
lifestyle choice gets a bit boring after a while.

> like the horse refusing to drink when led to water, I'll drop the reins.
> You may, or may not drink the water of knowledge. I can't control that.

Is this an attempt at some self-promotion as the fount of knowledge?
I never thought I would live to see the day!

--
Brian.