Re: Assorted arm-buster problems - network configuration

On Fri 05 Jul 2019 at 04:33:42 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Thursday 04 July 2019 16:42:11 Brian wrote:
>
> > If nobody objects I would like to reword that statement. Many, many
> > users will have avahi-daemon on their systems; a few won't. The idea
> > that
> >
> >   > Not installing this software in the first place works even better.
> >
> > requires clarification.
>
> Aha! Took several more hours but I found the SOB screwing my static
> network!  Soooo....

I was rather hoping someone would clarify why not having avahi-daemon
in the first place was a good thing in general. Your problem doesn't
particularly interest me because it is probably something you have
brought on yourself due to previous actions.

> Here is your Clarification: I used apt to purge avahi-daemon which
> took nsswitch with it,

I stopped reading there. I am not into fantasy.

--
Brian.