Re: Assorted arm-buster problems - network configuration

On Vi, 05 iul 19, 21:19:29, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 05 July 2019 12:08:45 David Wright wrote:
>
> > As I've said, though, I'll go no further in looking at the problems
> > you have because I think that many of them are of your own making.
>
> Thats also true, simply because I'm the last one on the planet using
> hosts files and no dhcpd's of any kind.

Because many home networks do have a working DHCP server (typically the
internet modem/router) it makes sense to have this as a *default*
configuration. It just works for so many users.

I'm using as static network right now, as I'm sure many other
debian-user readers do. It is a basic functionality of every software
designed to manage your network, including Network Manager.

In order to switch to static one has to figure out:

 1. How is networking configured on this particular device

    If you can't figure it out ask the ones providing the
    device/software. In case of Raspbian / Armbian it is *not* Debian
    (the clue is in the name).

 2. What is the *correct* method to alter its configuration

   This is usually quite straightforward once you figured out 1.

Kind regards,
Andrei