Re: Assorted arm-buster problems - network configuration

On Friday 05 July 2019 05:13:36 Curt wrote:

> On 2019-07-05, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> > pi@picnc:/ $ sudo apt update
> > Get:1 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian buster InRelease
> > [15.0 kB] Get:2 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian buster
> > InRelease [25.1 kB] Reading package lists... Done
> > E: Release file for
> > http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/dists/buster/InRelease is
> > not valid yet (invalid for another 12d 21h 12min 47s). Updates for
> > this repository will not be applied. E: Release file for
> > http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/dists/buster/InRelease is not
> > valid yet (invalid for another 10d 12h 43min 27s). Updates for this
> > repository will not be applied.
> >
> > So what sort of a surprise are they fixing to throw at us this time?
>
> Check your system clock/timezone?

Now that you mention it, its as bogus as a $3 bill. But then I didn't
have a network nor have I set it up to use this machine for a relay.
But now thats its had a network for 4 or 5 hours, I see ntp has brought
it up to date.  And now so has apt.

> > Anyway, now I know what to do to get that stuff out of my thinning
> > hair.
> >
> > And I can do it while the u-sd card is still in the writer gizmo
> > before its ever plugged into the pi.
> >
> > Heck, maybe running on buster, I can get RealtimePi to build me a
> > 4.19.50-rt-v7 kernel?  'Spose?  ;-)
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)