Re: ncurses?

ghe composed on 2019-07-02 17:45 (UTC-0600):

It's been eons since I heard of any kind of trouble with ncurses. :-) sbox I'm not
familiar with. :-(

I have a Dell gfxcard on a Buster test box that may be the same as yours except
for the brand. Perhaps you'd see improvement by swapping the radeon DDX for the
default DDX (modesetting) as I use here.

I don't usually try to make sound work, or even connect speakers, on my test
boxes, but alsamixer does open seemingly ready to take orders:

	http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Deb/alsamixer10m.png

Simplest way for you to switch DDX should be to purge xserver-xorg-video-radeon.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/